Would you like to work with our fantastic team at MultiLink?
Please see below any currently advertised vacancy. Please note: due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed applicants will be contacted directly upon closing of applications.
• Pacific Islands Youth Worker
12 month part time (22.8 hours p/week) position for a Youth Worker within a committed and dynamic multicultural community service.
About the Organisation
MultiLink Community Services is an incorporated association providing coordinated, creative and responsive programs to meet the needs culturally and linguistically diverse communities across South East Queensland. Our services are delivered across the life span providing youth, settlement, employment & training and other services through to aged care. Our internal culture is respectful and the team of core staff, casuals, students and volunteers work together to ensure the greatest outcomes for our clients, the community, our funding bodies and the organisation generally.
About the Role
Do you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of young Pacific Islanders who are homeless or at risk of homelessness?
Are you committed to supporting Pacific Islander young people address their concerns and walk confidently along the pathways to stable accommodation, education, employment, and family and community reengagement?
Are you confident to provide cultural support and advice to enhance cultural competency of mainstream homelessness and other services connecting with Pacific Islander young people?
Then Multilink is looking for you.
Multilink Community Services Inc. is seeking a Pacific Islands youth worker to join their Community Support team to work with young Pacific Islanders who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The program will work from a case management model and will additionally provide cultural support and advice to mainstream homelessness or youth services working with Pacific Island young people as well as conducting direct outreach activities through homeless hubs to connect directly with young people.
This position will organise various program activities, support volunteers and students on placement within the team, provide timely data entry and reporting, engage in networking and promotion and be involved in a range organisational activities as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications from a recognised TAFE, College or University (or working towards the attainment of qualifications) in Youth Work or similar discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of direct client services to Pacific Islander young people and/or their families
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by Pacific Islander young people specifically in relation to homelessness, employment, education, income support, offending behaviour, cultural identity and other “at risk” factors
- Sound understanding of case management and early intervention processes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Pacific Island young people to address and meet needs on an individual and group work level, including expertise in the planning, conduct and evaluation of a variety of initiatives
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of people from diverse language, faith and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships within community networks. Work in consultation and in co-ordination with key community stakeholders and service providers in government and community sectors
- Be a self-starter, reliable and able to work innovatively with Pacific Islander clients and their families
- Have a high level of time management and organisational skills with the ability to work as a member of a team with minimal supervision
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and capacity to work effectively within tight time constraints
Applicants will ideally have qualifications and background in the community/multicultural sector with experience working with Pacific Islander young people and their families. You will need to be enthusiastic, be passionate about supporting young people to achieve their goals, have values compatible with the organisation and be able to demonstrate an ability to work across a broad base of Pacific Island communities.
MultiLink offers the opportunity to work in a leading community services environment with a supportive and positive team culture. You will also enjoy:
- growth through training and development;
- the opportunity to initiate and be involved in projects that interest you;
- salary packaging options
To apply, please send a covering letter of not more than two pages addressing the key selection criteria below as well as a copy of your CV/Resume to email@example.com.
For more information regarding the position please contact Michael Zgryza on PH: 07 3808 4463.
Applications for this position close at 5.00pm on Friday 10th February, 2017.